I was feeling a weekend adventure, so we loaded up the kayaks and headed down to Gainesville, Florida for the weekend.
- We put in the kayaks at Rum Island Springs Park.
- Rum 138 provided the shuttle service. Very friendly people!
- We paddled through Blue Springs and Ginnie Springs as well as various small springs along the way.
- The Santa Fe river is a tannic black water river
- The water in the springs is unbelievably clear and blue
- We brought sandwiches to enjoy lunch on the river
- First Magnitude Brewing was an awesome hangout- we played giant scrabble!
- Swamp Head’s beer was on point!
- The bamboo and giant lily pads at the Kanapaha Botanical Gardens are worth checking out